If I have to walk through one more retail store playing Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You - I might just request a pair of scissors from a sales associate, then slit my wrists and have my blood drip down the aisles until I faint.
My Christmas spirit is pretty adorable right now.
I have compiled a list of songs that I think will save you from having to visit the emerge. Are you ready? Are you sure? Do you have your thrifted jumper on and eggnog libations in both hands? Superb, my dearest non-conformists of all things Vice and abstract thinkers - sway yourself back and forth, now.
1. She & Him - Baby It's Cold Outside
2. Rooney - Merry Xmas Everybody
3. Sufjan Stevens - Little Drummer Boy
4. The Raveonettes - The Christmas Song
5. Jimmy Eat World - Last Christmas
6. The XX - Last Christmas
7. Death Cab For Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Bonus: Sufjan Stevens - Christmas Unicorn